- Core Program of MESC “Science through Experiments”
In this core program students of 5th – 10 std from different schools come and perform exciting science experiments in our labs of 7 different subjects and learn basic concepts of the subject. By rotation they work in these labs through out the year. This learning by doing method develops their scientific abilities and hand skills.
- Admission - Starts in January
- Eligibility - Open to all students (from 5th – 10th std)
- Duration – One Year (15th June – 15th March )
- Batches - Once a week (Mon – Sat) , 1/12 Hrs
- Course – Foundation course graded at 5 levels (Pre F1, PreF2, F1, F2, F3 )
- Contents - Experiments based on concepts in subjects - Physics Chemistry, Life sciences, Mathematics, Electronics Computer science, Earth Science
- Summer Science Workshops: -
Workshops are conducted to excite students about science and inspire them towards
research fields. In these workshops they are exposed to hands on experiments in labs and
also interact with eminent scientists.
- Admission – Admission through Science Talent Search Exam conducted by the centre in the month of February
- Eligibility – 7th std & onwards
- Duration – 1week
- Period – March ( 4th Week ) & April (3rd week) for English Medium students
Summer workshop for Marathi medium & rural students is conducted in the month of
May3rd week - June 1st week
- Winter Science Workshop
Practical oriented Winter science workshop is organized during Diwali vacation.
Eligibility – 7th std onwards
Duration – 1 week
- Day with Exploratory: -
- In this program visits of students from different schools are invited. Students are engaged in demonstrations on various scientific themes. They also enjoy making science toys/gadgets for themselves. Planetarium show is also organized for this program.
- Designed especially for school visits/field trips
- Inter-school Quiz Competition: -
To develop students' inquisitiveness towards science and to stimulate their curiosity
Exploratory conducts Interschool Science Quiz competition every year. A large number of
schools participate in it.
- Participation of Teams through school
- Eligibility – 7th – 9th std
- Inter-School Essay Competition: -
Exploratory conducts Interschool essay competition to create awareness among students
about the day to day problems faced by society. Students get a chance to present their
unique perspective on these issues. The competition is conducted at two levels- written
essay round & interview of short listed candidates.
- Eligibility – 4th std – 12th std
- Inter-School Young Explorer Project Competition: -
On the occasion of National Science Day (27th & 28th Feb) Exploratory conducts
prestigious Young Explorer Interschool Project Competition. Herein Students get a
platform to showcase their innovative scientific & creative abilities through their unique
projects. Exhibition is open to visitors for these two days.
- Eligibility -For students of 5th – 10th Std
- Entry through School & also Open for Individual Groups from Same School
- Screening of Synopsis For selection
- Nature Trails
- To expose school children to wonderful experiences, Exploratory conducts field trips, nature trails every year. Children come into close communion with nature and learn various environmental, geographical aspect as well as appreciate the biodiversity.
- Conducted for In- house students
- Guidance for Homi Bhabha Young Scientist Exam: -
Exploratory trains students of 6th std for theory and practical rounds of this exam.
The theory training commences in June and concludes in September. Practical training is
given between- October – December.
For 9th std guidance for Practicals is given.
- Creativity Workshops: -
Children express their creativity through our various creativity workshops like Origami,
Diwali Lantern, Solar Cooking, Telescope making, Aero-Modeling, Robotics workshop
etc. These workshops are conducted round the year.
- Teachers training program: -
For the teaching community Exploratory conducts Teachers Training Programs in the
urban as well as rural areas. These Programs are designed to train teachers in activity
based science learning.
- Public Science Lecture Series: -
To popularize Science among masses and also to address contemporary scientific issues
related to society, Science Lecture Series is conducted at Kothrud Sub Centre in the month
of April every year. Eminent speakers, specialists in their fields deliver lectures on topics
of great interest to people at large.