Reach Projects Program – Spectacular Performance by Muktangan Exploratory students
Center had initiated REACH Projects program. REACH projects were small research projects, of short duration, wherein students were mentored by eminent scientists. The whole idea was to introduce them to research methodology.
Students worked on various science themes since last two months under expert guidance. Out of total 9 REACH projects, 7 projects were selected for final presentation at INSEF (Indian Science & Engineering Fair) held on 1st December 2018 at IISER.
We are proud to inform that five out of seven project students excelled in their above project presentations. They won silver & bronze medal as under:
- Suyashree Kadam, Tanishka Barne (Silver Medal) – Topic – Super hydrophobic surfaces (Guide – Dr. Arun Banpurkar)
- Atmaj Bhayani, Ansh Sankrityayan (Bronze Medal) – Topic – Super conductivity (guide – Dr. Arun Banpurkar)
- Rutva Jadhav, Aditi Singhal, (Bronze Medal) – Topic – Communal Roosting behavior of some birds Maina , Parakeets, kites- (Guide Dr. Anil Mahabal )
- Rudra Purohit, Shreyas Purkar, (Bronze Medal) – Topic – Bioacoustics- City noise & bird calls- (Guide – Dr. Rajgopal Patil)
- Eshaan Joshi, Apoorva Mundhe, (Bronze Medal) – Topic – Visible range Spectrometer- (Guide -Dr. Anand Bhave).
- 21st February 2019 – Excellent achievement at Homi Bhabha Young Scientist Exam – Anuj Lonkar, student of Muktangan Exploratory, was awarded National Inspire Award, he will get chance to meet President and to attend International Inspire Award Exhibition in Japan.
Performance of Muktangan Exploratory students in International Science Olympiads Since 2002
|Sarthak Chandra||Astronomy r||2008||Silver|
Students of Muktangan Exploratory honored by two or more medals in International Science Olympiad